Gary Jackson, CPA
Tax and Consulting Partner
Gary joined Cornwell Jackson in 1983 and is a Tax and Consulting partner in Cornwell Jackson’s manufacturing and distribution practice. Gary considers himself first and foremost a business owner that has built businesses, managed them, developed leadership teams and sold divisions of his business, and he utilizes this real world practical experience in both managing Cornwell Jackson and in providing consulting and pragmatic tax services to management teams and business leaders across North Texas.
He provides advisory services in business succession and tax services to companies in the manufacturing, distribution, service industries with a focus on metals and steel service centers, construction services and a wide variety of manufacturing enterprises.
Throughout his career, Gary has helped many companies meet and exceed their financial goals. Gary has both led business management teams through turnarounds, change management to overcome growth constraints, mergers and acquisitions to build businesses and has been personally involved with over 100 business exit or acquisition transactions in his 30 plus year career.
Gary frequently presents and speaks on topics effecting business leaders including open book management, finding your exit, attracting business capital and a combination of business and tax centric topics.
Gary serves on numerous non-profit boards and is a former board member of the North American Board of BKR International. Gary is actively involved with the following committees or is a member of the following organizations:
- BKR Manufacturing Committee
- BKR – High Net Worth/Estate Planning Committee
- Association for Corporate Growth
- Association for Mergers and Acquisitions Advisors
- AICPA – Personal Financial Specialist (PFS) Section
- EO – Entrepreneurs Organization
- CFMA – Construction Financial Management Association
- Prosper EDC – Prosper Economic Development Board
- HIS Bridgebuilders Board of Directors
Prior to joining Cornwell Jackson, Gary worked with Arthur Andersen & Company, serving in the audit and tax services department as a member of the oil and gas industry team. Gary’s extensive experience in public accounting, paired with his passion for helping business owners improve their companies, makes him an invaluable asset to his clients.
Gary grew up in Richardson, Texas, and currently resides in Prosper with his family. Both of his parents were educators, heavily influencing his lifelong commitment to learning. In his spare time, Gary enjoys golfing anywhere and anytime, fishing, volunteering and working with a Christian ministry that targets inner-city spiritual and economic development.
Things to Know About Gary:
- If golf is a window on life, then life continues to be a mystery to Gary. After years of practice, lessons, and golf equipment, his game has improved significantly. But golf is about the journey anyways, right?
- He has explored every type of fishing available in Texas, from gulf fishing to trotlines. Although one of the most memorable catches is a Sailfish in Costa Rica that took over 30 minutes to reel in.
- Having two kids that attended Baylor has made Gary a huge Baylor Bears fan. So much so that during the birth of his first grandchild, he had the Baylor vs. OU game on in the waiting room!