We Understand the Challenges of the Metals Industry
Cornwell Jackson’s width and breadth of experience in the metals industry accounting ranges from the mid-sized Texas metal fabricators that are pushing out trailers and I-beam construction to build to suits large manufacturers providing large production runs for OEMs. This experience includes working with one of the largest architectural metals distribution companies in North America as well as one of the fastest growing precious metal refining companies in the country.
From this experience, we understand the challenges of the metals industry, including the large capital expenditures required to compete, the economic swings from nickel alloy pricing and the vagaries of large mill supply and demand, import pricing, the impact of LIFO both good and bad on current profitability and inventory levels, and the impact current legislation (including the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act) can have on your workforce costs in the future. We also have a network of alliances and market makers that provide an active presence in the metals space and are actively acquiring or marketing companies in the metals industry.
We have put together a unique set of professionals inside the firm and an alliance of service providers outside to enable us to provide you with unmatched services to the metals industry in DFW, North Texas and a four-state region. If your accounting firm isn’t an advisor to your management team, and they’ve become more about reports than true service to you and your industry, give our team a call at (972) 202-8000.
Metals CPA Client Experience:
- Stainless/carbon – plate, coiled, bar distributors
- Processors – slitting, shearing, stamping
- Metal service centers
- Tubular producers and distributors
- Precious metal refining
- Iron and ornamental iron distributors
- Aluminum distributors/slitters
- Metals industry service providers
Metals Industry CPA Network Association Links:
- Association of Steel Distributors (ASD)
- Fabricators & Manufacturers Association, International (FMA)
- Metal Building Manufacturers Association (MBMA)
- Metals Service Center Institute (MSCI)
- National Association of Architectural Metal Manufacturers (NAAMM)
- National Association of Manufacturers (NAM)
- National Association of Steel Pipe Distributors (NASPD)
- National Corrugated Steel Pipe Association (NCSPA)
- National Tooling & Machining Association (NTMA)